About the Board
What Board Members Do
- Establish a vision for the community’s schools and participate in strategic planning.
- Develop effective policies and review them periodically.
- Provide accountability to the community on student achievement.
- Advocate for the needs of all students at the local, state?and national levels.
- Attend several meetings per month, including attendance and participation on Board standing committees?(20+hours per week).
- Hire Superintendent and negotiate contract.
- Evaluate the Superintendent annually.
- Conduct student and employee appeals.
- Approve or reject program proposals.
- Develop, approve, and manage budget.
- Adopt school calendar.
For information on Board policies, Board and committee meetings and minutes, visit BoardDocs.